What is "NORMAL"?

Everyone talks about the "new normal" after you lose a child. I don't believe "normal" will ever return to my house after my 18 year old son, Max, was killed in a car crash on 8/6/10. "Normal Died With Max", and this blog is about the life I have without him.

Monday, March 31, 2014

Productivity






More than once this weekend, I received inquiries, like "what are you doing with yourself these days, are you working?" - Um, no (most know I quit when Max died). "Oh, you must enjoy your time off". Um, no. I'm taking care of myself. I'm grieving, I have health issues that were made worse by Max's death, some days the only thing I accomplish is going to the cemetery and crying at his grave. Is it that they want to see me moving forward? I am. But inch by inch, very slowly. If you don't understand, COUNT YOURSELF LUCKY and just give me a hug when you see me, don't judge me by my productivity. (This message is a public service for all grieving parents, paid for by the blood, sweat, and tears of those of us trying to build a life with one of our children gone).

No comments: