What is "NORMAL"?

Everyone talks about the "new normal" after you lose a child. I don't believe "normal" will ever return to my house after my 18 year old son, Max, was killed in a car crash on 8/6/10. "Normal Died With Max", and this blog is about the life I have without him.

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Received A Letter Today!

Dear Donor Family,

I am writing to express my sympathy in the death of your family member and to thank you for the very special gift of tissue that they donated.  We will always be grateful for the opportunity to receive donated tissue which was a necessity to repair my son's knee.

He is 18 years old and an active farm boy and football player.  He totally blew out his knee at football practice on labor day.  It was determined that his MCL, ACL, and PCL needed to be repaired.  The ACL and PCL required donated tendons.  He had the surgery in November and is currently undergoing physical therapy.  After 3-4 months of therapy his knee will be at 100% and he will be able to continue doing the things he loves to do.

Your and your family member will remain in our thoughts and appreciation for your generosity and kindness.

Sincerely,
A grateful tissue recipient

No comments: